1. Never wear a short sleeve shirt with a tie unless your are an airline pilot or fast food manager. Short sleeve shirts are fine as part of a uniform, but not if you want to project a professional image.
2. Ties should reach your belt line.
4. Shoes are one of the most evaluated elements of a man’s wardrobe. Your shoes should be shined and in good repair. If you are wearing a suit, lace up shoes are most appropriate.
5. If you want your shoes to last longer, don’t wear the same pair of shoes every day and keep wooden or plastic shoe trees in your shoes when you’re not wearing them.
6. Your socks should match your trousers, NOT your shoes. Your socks should cover your shins, therefore, when you sit down, your hairy legs should not show. Choose over-the-calf, wool/nylon blend socks for the best fit and comfort.
7. Your belt should match your shoes. Purchase a good quality leather belt in both black and brown. Do not wear a belt when you are wearing suspenders.